Monday, August 29, 2011

Suitcase Redo

We all love vintage suitcases like this: 


But what happens when you get a bunch like this:


Ugly and nicked.  Well, you could grab these supplies...


and some scrapbook paper and turn it into this:








It is time consuming (I watched the original Tarzan and Jane whilst decoupagin') but just measure, cut paper and have at it.  You do go through a good chunk of Mod Podge, but that's what Hobby Lobby's 40% off one item coupon is for!

So next time, don't pass up the ugly duckling.... make her the beautiful swan!

Thanks for stoppin' by!

I'm linked here:
The DIY Show Off


9 comments:

Meredith Resnick said...

Love! And what a great way to add interest to a room that is also functional (storage!).

I am impressed!

~ Meredith from A Mother Seeking http://www.amotherseeking.com

A Mother Seeking


P.S. Found you through the DIY Showoff.
This week on A Mother Seeking: I Created A Birdhouse Dream House

Anonymous said...

Kim, I really like your choice of papers. The suitcase turned out marvelous!!!

kim said...

ok somehow I am anonymous so will tell you again how much I like the finished suitcase.

Shabby Marilyn said...

Hello, new follower, I love the vintage suitcases and what you did!! Good to know about the distress ink, thanks, hope to see you visit and follow!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I have a pile of those ugly suitcases, and now I know how to make them beautiful!

Donna Gelineau said...

I really like this, I have been looking for vintage wallpaper for a trunk I have. I think this will work well. I am not a scrapbooker, so can you tell me how to use the distress ink?

Donna Gelineau said...

Oh, and I am a new follower.

red.neck chic said...

Hey! That's COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you keep the paper from bubbling? I'm trying my hand at mod-podge'n paper on wood...

i don't think it's my thing.

THESE ROCK!!!
;-D robelyn

Amanda said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love love love this idea and the papers you used along with the distressing ink are perfection! Thank you for sharing!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda