Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween on the Horizon

The corn is changing, the leaves are falling... fall is in the air.  It's time to start thinking about Halloween! I have always enjoyed Halloween.  Each year I try to re purpose items to decorate with, or hit the Dollar Tree.  I don't like to spend a lot of money to decorate for the holidays.  There are so many things that a coat of paint can do.  Like here:

If you've been to the Dollar Tree you've probably seen these pictures. They are in some cheap plastic frames.  They are also easily removable.

With a little black spray paint and some frames lying around you can turn them into this.


So cheap and easy!

And how about some old books?  Everyone has those.  Tear off the covers, wrap in ribbon, lace, whatever you have lying around and ta'da!


This one is my favorite so far.  I had an old pottery piece lying around, a little paint, some spanish moss, sticks from my yard, glue gun webs and Dollar Tree crows...


As a busy mom, I don't have much time anymore to sit down and get creative.  So all these took about 2 hours, coming up with ideas, gathering supplies, and putting together.  AND all but $4.00 of supplies from the Dollar Tree were items just lying around...

So, take an hour, and get creative!!!

Thanks for stoppin' by!


I'm linked up here: 
The DIY Show Off

1 comment:

kim said...

Ahh my fur babies would be off with those crows!! Great ideas!!