Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Patience is a virtue

*Waves*

Hello Strangers!  LONG time no see!!! You know I usually don't show up unless I have something amazing to share with you.  Well...

This is pretty amazing.

See this...




It use to be this...


(I'd say excuse the mess, because I forgot to take pix before... but it was so dang ugly, the mess just looks at home!!!)


And this...



Is now this...


And this ugly thing...



Is now this...



In progress...






A few more details...







After years, since we moved in to be exact, I have hated, loathed, despised, my kitchen.  Not only because it's ugly, but because when everyone comes into my house everyone congregates in the kitchen... and well, it's ugly.  So, I had a vision.

These cupboards my dad bought a farm auction 3 years ago needed more love then sitting outside covered in a tarp.



HOWEVER... with a remodel comes a budget.  And I always have a small one for any project I do.  I'm a penny pinching hillbilly.  So I collected items from my father's sheds, begged and bartered for wood, the sink, barn hinges.  And after installing a new window, moving electrical and some plumbing, and LOTS of oil... my grand total was... drum roll please...

 $650.78


Like I told my friend Robelyn, If anyone says they can't make a beautiful kitchen on a tight budget they have never been junkin' and re purposing before!!!




Hope you enjoyed my virtual tour!  Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

10 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I have never ever been here before...but I saw your AWE.SOME Kitchen at Red.neck Chic... I have to say...
your kitchen offers a ray of hope!

I was glad to see that you have besides your back door...one source of natural light and a crummy BEFORE to work with as a jumping off point!

ME TOO! It is a work in progress for sure. I want to LOVE MY KITCHEN!

...thanks for showing this inspirational room. Pat

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

P.S.--
consider yourself PINNED! Pat ;)

time worn interiors said...

I love the transformation! FABULOUS!
TOT

Kim 'The Hillbilly' said...

Thanks for the compliments and the pins! :)
You always appreciate a labor of love more than anything else!

Diane in the Valley said...

Love it! I was just on a thread on JR and happened to click on your name to see what happened to you? I see you have been busy! The kitchen is beautiful, great job.

Cheyenne said...

ACK! ARE YOU SERIOUS? THIS IS AMAZING!

I am seriously floored! Your kitchen is a thing of beauty and the exact replica of what would be in my dreams. I love the coziness of it all.

GREAT JOB!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Will you be my new best friend???!!!! You give me hope! LOL!!! I LOVE this kitchen!!!!!! And you make me feel soooooo much better about the current state of mine, because if yours can look like THAT, then mine can too! Your kitchen is perfectly, wonderfully rustic/prairie/unique! Love isn't a strong enough word! It is PERFECTION!

~ Laura

obat herbal kanker usus halus ampuh said...

very nice post..

Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Halus Ampuh

obat herbal kanker usus halus ampuh said...

very nice post..

Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Halus Ampuh

Anonymous said...

idahoHillybilly is repeat Trump and Try to scare the U.S.A. and He gets Disability$$$$but he can do jobs, and he lies say he never got stimulus check unless he don't fill out tax return for his SSN disability checks & welfare & Free Wood?THis man got garbage all over his property? He complains Neighbors get up early morning mowing when He stay up all nite play on his computer and Upload videos on Utube ?