Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NEVER will I make mom of the year!

Tell me, don't you HATE it when important days creep up on you and you're kicking yourself you weren't prepared even though you KNEW it was going to be here before you know it?!?

*sniffle*

Yep, my life seems like that!

*cough*

Today is the kids first day of school... Reyna in 6th grade, Wiley in 4th... so for over 6 years I've been taking first day of school pictures...

*ahchoo*

Well, besides the TERRIBLE cold I have (punishment perhaps) I spent all nightlast night at an auction, until 11:30 to be exact. So I didn't get prepared for my kids first day. No pedi and mani for Reyna... no good night-did-you-pack-everything kisses goodnight.

*sigh*

Thank goodness Mike is the new stay at home dad... but it's just not the same... I'm MOM I should do all that!

So, at 5:45 when I'm up and at 'em for work I realize I need to find my camera for Mike to take pictures...

I looked here...




and here...



Do you think with 3 months of advanced notice I'd be a little more prepared?!? Nope... In my 2 auctions in 3 days whirlwind of cold fighting I have COMPLETELY misplaced my camera...

*sniffle*

So this is what I have, Mike's crappy phone pix...




I guess it's better than nothing... but the worse (and most embarrassing thing about it is we have no vehicles that provide room to take the kids to school in) Did I mention AUCTION UNTIL 11:30PM!?!?

SO, doing it up in hillbilly fashion, Mike loaded them up in the small available room in the back of the truck (not the load pictured) and off to school they went... (Oh what people in town must say about us!)





Happy 1st day of school everyone, and here's to getting alittle more organized NEXT year!!!

*AHCHOO!*

6 comments:

junkermidge said...

That's right, there's always next year! But it looks to me like your kids are doing just fine. Of course, that "mom of the year" trophy might be nice -- you could probably make something cool out of it!
Midge

Diane in the Valley said...

Darling don't I know how you feel. I just know I'm ADD. If I could find a "roundtuit" (lost mine), or my list of things to do (can't find that either). But years from now, you and your kids will have a great story to share and you can just look at your kids and tell they know they are loved. And that't the most important thing. Diane :)

Barntiques said...

What we do for some junk! Sounds and looks so familiar. I took first day of school photos for years. Now it is my grandsons getting on the bus this am. Wish I were closer to see them wave...

Chicken Wrangler said...

School will be starting here soon too. Of course my kids are all grown now, with children of their own. Love that old truck in the picture - bet it's paid for, too, isn't it? That's the best part - no vehicle payments!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Been lurkin too long w/out a comment and just had to say hi... Love your blog! You've been on my sidebar forever but I only recently started "following" any blogs. I'm with ya now! After I posted tonight, your blog name jumped out at me from my sidebar as what MINE should be called. I guess maybe "a day in the life of a redneck" is probably already taken too... sigh. I sooo get the junkin addiction and tasks that keep one from craftin w/the kiddos like other perfect mommy bloggers! Enjoy it all and GOOD LUCK!

Jill said...

After 17 years of kids in school---I didn't get first day of school pictures of my two that are in now either! And, I was home, just running behind. I LOVE that you showed these photos! I have piles and piles and you can't get into one half of our garage. You're not alone!